Surplus School Sites
Open houses to discuss development of surplus school sites have been held. Feedback from those events and online surveys were compiled into "What We Heard" reports for each community.
The First Place program townhomes at 2137 Haddow Drive are now selling. The homes are market priced, with a five-year deferral on the land portion of the mortgage to make them more accessible for first time buyers.
Bulyea Heights - On April 18, 2016, City Council approved the relocation and consolidation of both surplus school sites (item 3.16) into a single First Place housing site at 300 Bulyea Road. All planned open space adjacent to the building site will remain and continue to serve school, sports, recreation and community league uses.
The next step is Community Engagement to help develop a design engagement committee, please read more HERE.
Learn more about the Surplus School Sites issue from the links below.
- 2016 Bulyea Heights Support Letter
- Twin Brooks Soil Test mail out
- Ogilvie Ridge Surplus School Site Open House Information
- Information for the TWIN BROOKS Community League Executive March 24,2015
- First Place Implementation Schedule ( as of February 2015)
- Bulyea Heights OPEN HOUSE Mail out information sheet
- New Homes in the Haddow Community - soil testing - August 2014
- Response to Terwillegar Tribune article June 2014
- Motion passed at City Council May 28th, 2014
- EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING May 20, 2014
- Skyrattler Motion passed at Executive Committee Feb 18, 2014
- Councillor Walters Skyrattler SSS Inquiry and report
- Councillor Anderson Inquiry Surplus School Sites 2014
- City of Edmonton handout September 2013
- October 2013 Request For Proposal Vacant Building Sites Public Involvement
- Additional Playing Field Question and Answer
- Question and Answers Regarding Zoning
- Answers to Green Space Questions
- Updated Administrative Answers to Green Space Questions
- Bryan's Response to Twin Brooks Meeting on Surplus Schools
- First Place Program Enhancing Communications
- Undeveloped Building Sites Overview