Snow Season (and Roads)
We have a Snow and Ice Control Policy that guides our operations of roadway maintenance. Read the policy HERE.
Approximately 150 sandboxes that were previously part of the Community Sandbox program will be returned to their former spots by February 11, and they will be filled with sand and ready for use by residents during the following week. For a list of City wide sandbox location go HERE.
Link to info on our snow storage facilities HERE.
- The City leads the way in recycling sand and reducing salt use.
- October 28th 2015 Transportation Committee - One-sided Parking Ban - Pilot Update.
- Proposed 2015 Transportation Operations Budget
- SNOW BLADING MAP
- Media Release from Roadway Maintenance November 6th 2014 - snow season changes
- MAIL OUT and FAQ's to residents in Haddow and Henderson Estates
- Winter Parking Ban Pilot coming this winter
- Subscribe for email ALERTS from the City of Edmonton
- Transportation GM's memo January 31, 2014
- City Council Motion 2013 (revised due date of May 21,2014)
- Road Maintenance
- Winter Road Maintenance Questions and Answers
Learn more about Bryan's involvement in the issue of winter road damage to city streets from the links below.
- Roads - Producing a Productive Partnership 2014
- U of A/City Collaboration Opportunity July 3rd 2013
- Comparing Edmonton's Winter Road Maintenance 2013
- Potholes - February 2013
- Potholes - Letter to the Editor April 2013
- Technical Credentials for Pavement Design
- Transportation GM Response to Citizen Email
- City Crews Averaging 4,000 Potholes Filled Daily
- City Smoothes the Ride for Motorists
- Asphalt Science and the Holey Roads
- Roads Report - U of A Involvement