The City of Edmonton's 2015 road construction season came to an end with 90% of projects complete or on track to be finished by the end of the year. $451 Million was invested in 176 arterial road, bridge, interchange, and neighbourhoods projects.
Stay tuned for details on the 2016 construction season.
The 2015 road infrastructure investment included:
- Arterial roads: $99 million (53 projects)
- Bridges and interchanges: $150 million (8 projects)
- Neighbourhood renewal: $160 million (107 projects)
- Active modes/complete streets: $12 million (8+ projects)
- Traffic Operations projects ($30 million)
Major road projects completed in 2015 included Connors Road (90 Avenue to 94 Street) and Sherwood Park Freeway westbound (34 Street to 71 Street). In addition, the Queen Elizabeth Highway II/41 Avenue SW interchange project has been completed and is now open to traffic.