The City of Edmonton's 2016 road construction season came to an end with projects complete or on track to be finished by the end of the year.
- Arterial roads: $99 million (53 projects)
- Bridges and interchanges: $150 million (8 projects)
- Neighbourhood renewal: $160 million (107 projects)
- Active modes/complete streets: $12 million (8+ projects)
- Traffic Operations projects ($30 million)
Major projects completed in 2016 in Ward 9included the construction on the 53 Avenue Bridge over Whitemud Drive. It was completed in October. Construction on this project finished early and on budget. All lanes are now open for traffic, and pedestrian sidewalks are available. More information HERE
Construction in 2017 will see the upgrade of 41 Avenue SW from Chappelle Way to Desrochers Drive.
The extent of this project is to construct two urban lanes and remove the existing lanes. The road will be fully closed to traffic from April 17, 2017 until October 31, 2017. Access for local residents will be maintained.
The City of Edmonton website has information on all developer projects in Ward 9 HERE.