More reserved paid stalls, September 1
COE NEWS August 30, 2016
These changes include:
- Increasing the number of reserved paid stalls;
- Reserved stalls are now $50/month. This is the first increase since 2011 and largely covers lot maintenance costs;
- Introducing some hourly paid parking meters to encourage short transit trips (coming later in the fall).
At Century Park, 75 per cent of the stalls will be reserved. With free parking limited, riders are encouraged to contact Impark for a reserved stall, carpool if accessing free stalls, use bus-only transit centres with free parking, or take the bus for the duration of their trip. Riders are encouraged to plan their trip using real-time bus information at takeETS.com.
Across the system, ETS now offers approximately 1,700 free stalls and 2,300 reserved paid stalls at the above-mentioned LRT lots.
People who typically park at the LRT centres also can try free express Park & Ride locations at:
- Eaux Claires transit centre (97 St. & 157 Ave.)
- Meadows transit centre (17 St. & 40 Ave.)
- Lewis Farms transit centre (87 Ave. & west of Anthony Henday Dr.)
- Davies lot (86 St. & 61 Ave.)
The changes help ensure ETS is providing the best service possible while maintaining good value for the tax dollars invested.