Some of the unique elements of the approved Blatchford zone include:
- The building design in Blatchford will create an urban feel that contributes to a vibrant and unique street life. Ground floor residential units will have private entries facing directly onto the street to create a direct connection to the community.
- Mixed-use buildings in residential areas will be zoned for small-scale retail only. Drive-throughs will not be permitted.
- All residential and commercial parking will be located underground or at the rear of buildings. There will be no front driveways or garages.
- Buildings will require double the amount of bicycle parking normally required.
- Secondary and garage suites in the townhomes. In addition to increasing density in the community, the approved development of these suites in townhomes will help support Blatchford's affordable housing goals.
- Solar panels, rooftop decks and gardens.
- Community gardens and greenhouses located in park spaces.
For more information visit: blatchfordedmonton.ca