Bryan Anderson believes our City must:
- Continue to be environmentally sound
- Ensure that we are a safe community
- Commit to cultural vitality
- Support all levels of business
- Preserve our recreational green spaces
- Balance fiscal and social responsibility
- Support amateur sport and youth oriented activities
- Re-invest in our infrastructure
- Support the integrity of neighbourhooods
- Provide expected civic services at a reasonable cost
To view a list of projects that Bryan has initiated, lobbied for or supported, please click here.
A Councillor with Experience & Determination
Bryan was born in Balcarres, Saskatchewan, on July 5th, 1942. While in office, Bryan has responded to over 50,000 citizen emails, letters, and calls with a 48 hour response target. He's made his office a source of accurate information and prompt answers. Those who have worked with him know that he's driven to find solutions to problems.
During a successful 34-year career as an educator, he coached numerous basketball and football championship teams and was inducted into The Alberta Schools Athletic Association Coaches Hall of Fame, May 14, 2010. He not only taught at sporting clinics and served on coaches associations but was also a founder of the Harry Ainlay Tri-Province Basketball Tournament.
Also throughout his teaching career, Bryan fundraised and co-ordinated various major city tournaments. He has received several sports recognition awards for his efforts, including the R.G Glassford Award for Contribution to University of Alberta Athletics in 1995, Basketball Alberta’s Builders Award in 1998, and Football Alberta’s Urban High School Football Coach of the Year in 1976, 1986, and 1994.
Bryan brings the same energy and determination to his work with City Council.
The Right Choice. The Right Voice.
Bryan Anderson has proven himself in office since 1998. Through his realistic approach to problem-solving he’s helped residents resolve issues and helped the City align its priorities—always in a tone that is reasoned and respectful. Over the last twelve years, Bryan has worked with the City's administration and fellow Councillors to benefit residents and make his Ward and the City a better place to live.
Bryan remains committed to the maintenance of quality city services at reasonable cost. He also believes that ward residents deserve an effective and responsible municipal government that is held accountable for its actions.
With Bryan Anderson on council you get:
- An experienced team player with proven leadership abilities
- A person who values your opinion
- A person who operates with integrity
- A person with an open minded approach to issues
- A person who will respond to your inquiries in a timely manner